Sojourner spent the weekend with James as her Migration entry point to the UK. The following is from James's journal pages.
Next stop for Sojourner will be with Rachel S - Suffolk, UK. We are expecting her to arrive later this week.
Wishing you all Happy Spinning and Bird Watching!
"Hi! This is James, also known as "Longdrawjames". I am the UK stop off for Sojourner before she embarks on her trip around the UK!
This is me modeling a sweater I spun on my Daedalus Magpie!
I live in Surrey near Sevenoaks on my best friend's sheep farm, so naturally I had to see what the sheep thought of Sojourner!
The Romney lamb was impressed and approving...
As usual, Maxwell the Suri Alpaca was not as approving!
For my addition to the community bobbin I chose to add 5g Silver Wensleydale combed top. This is top we have combed from our own sheep fleeces, so it is quintessential to me! I can't wait to see everyone else's additions!
Note the gray at this end of the community bobbin.
I have loved getting to know Sojourner (even just for a few days), and I hope you all will too!!
The following is an estimated schedule. We have built in time for shipping however as with any adventure there's always a bit of uncertainty. Updates about Tweety and Sojourner's travels will be shared on our Instagram and Facebook page/group.
- Christy R - Alaska - July 1-18
- Lorrie G - Alaska - July 22-Aug 8
- Krystal P - Washington - Aug 13-29
- Jessica C - Washington - Sept 2-19
- Nancy T - Washington - Sept 23-Oct 10
- Esther E - Idaho - Oct 15-31
- Susan L - Idaho - Nov 4-21
- Leigh W - Oregon - Nov 26-Dec 12
- Desiree G - Oregon - Dec 16-Jan 2
- Valerie S - Washington - Jan 6-23
- Rachel S - Suffolk, UK - July 1-18
- Susan P - Norfolk, UK - July 22-Aug 8
- Kathryn F - Leicestershire, UK - Aug 12-29
- Jan H - Fife, Scotland UK - Sept 2-19
- Liz T - Wiltshire, UK - Sept 23-Oct 10
- Eve W - Cornwall, UK - Oct 15-31
- Teresa P - Dorset, UK - Nov 4-21
- Jessica D - Dorset, UK - Nov 26-Dec 12
- Su J - Kent, UK - Dec 16-Jan 2
- Sophie L - Norfolk, UK - Jan 6-23
Follow the Migration!
To keep tabs on the adventures of these two Sparrows follow us on DaedalusSpinningWheels on Instagram, Daedalus Spinning Wheels on Facebook, as well as our Migration Blog here on Spotted Ewe Fibers.
All spinners participating on this program are encouraged to use the following hashtags on social media.
Share this post
- Tags: Daedalus Sparrow Migration Program, Spinning with Sojourner the Sparrow, Where is Sojourner the Sparrow