Evanita here! For those that know me I'm all about green! I live in Western Washington, east of Seattle and it's all about green here. The Pacific Northwest is home to the world's largest Temperate Rainforest, yes you read that right, Rainforest! The Seattle area is known for its rains and those rains bring beautiful green growth with loads of ferns and moss.
For my Community Bobbin fiber, I found a little BFL pigtail from Greenwood Fiberworks in the colorway Puget Sound which is the name of the large body of water that connects this area with the Pacific Ocean. The region surrounding the sound is also referred to as the Puget Sound area. This colorway embodies all of the natural beauty of where I live. The dyer grew up here which made it very easy for her to capture the beautiful nature of Puget Sound.
On the first day of Tour de Fleece, we spent quite a bit of time spinning cotton which is one of my favorite fibers to spin on Sparrows. I spun this cotton long draw at 85% with an extremely light take-up. If you want to give cotton a go start out at a speed slightly faster than you are used to and as you ease yourself into it increase the speed.
Next stop for Tweety will be up in Alaska with Christy R. We are expecting Tweety to arrive later this week.
Wishing you all Happy Spinning and Bird Watching!
The following is an estimated schedule. We have built in time for shipping however as with any adventure there's always a bit of uncertainty. Updates about Tweety and Sojourner's travels will be shared on our Instagram and Facebook page/group.
- Christy R - Alaska - July 1-18
- Lorrie G - Alaska - July 22-Aug 8
- Krystal P - Washington - Aug 13-29
- Jessica C - Washington - Sept 2-19
- Nancy T - Washington - Sept 23-Oct 10
- Esther E - Idaho - Oct 15-31
- Susan L - Idaho - Nov 4-21
- Leigh W - Oregon - Nov 26-Dec 12
- Desiree G - Oregon - Dec 16-Jan 2
- Valerie S - Washington - Jan 6-23
- Rachel S - Suffolk, UK - July 1-18
- Susan P - Norfolk, UK - July 22-Aug 8
- Kathryn F - Leicestershire, UK - Aug 12-29
- Jan H - Fife, Scotland UK - Sept 2-19
- Liz T - Wiltshire, UK - Sept 23-Oct 10
- Eve W - Cornwall, UK - Oct 15-31
- Teresa P - Dorset, UK - Nov 4-21
- Jessica D - Dorset, UK - Nov 26-Dec 12
- Su J - Kent, UK - Dec 16-Jan 2
- Sophie L - Norfolk, UK - Jan 6-23
Follow the Migration!
To keep tabs on the adventures of these two Sparrows follow us on DaedalusSpinningWheels on Instagram, Daedalus Spinning Wheels on Facebook, as well as our Migration Blog here on Spotted Ewe Fibers.
All spinners participating on this program are encouraged to use the following hashtags on social media.
Share this post
- Tags: Daedalus Sparrow Migration Program, Spinning With Tweety the Sparrow, Where is Tweety the Sparrow